COME RIDE WITH US!
XploreSportZ Bike Camps are coming again for Summer 2021!
Join one of our PacificSport VI Instructors for a week of road safety, trail riding, getting wet, games and having fun. All levels of rider are welcome! A helmet is required.
Ideally a camper's bike will have multiple gears for those Nanaimo hills. We recommended kids bring a snack and water as well!
These camps are a great way to introduce your child to biking in a friendly, safe and fun environment. Our facilitators are qualified coaches and deliver top-notch experiences.
XploreSportZ 2021 Summer Bike Camps
Please check back. Information will be released when camp dates are chosen.
Bike Camp Competency Requirements
Beginner/Intermediate Bike Camps:
All bikers must be able to ride their bike without the support of someone else. New bikers who cannot peddle on their own are not eligible for this camps. Due to COVID-19, staff are unable to do any “hands on” coaching so we are unable to accept first time riders at this time.
If you answer yes to any of the following statements the Beginner Camp is for you.
My child can ride a bike but…..
- Is a little anxious while riding their bike on trails or the road
- Has very little or no experience riding on the road or trails
- Is unsure about riding for long distances
- May ride a strider bike or have training wheels on their bike
Mountain Bike Camps:
All children at this camp must ride a bike with gears. BMX bikes and training wheels are not acceptable for this camp - no exceptions.
If you answer yes to the following statements the Mountain Bike Camp is for you.
My child is/has……
- confident and loves to ride
- some to lots of experience riding on trails and road
- experienced riding a bike with gears for the Nanaimo hills