Upon completing the 5.25-hour Teaching and Learning module you will be able to:
- assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
- analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
- create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
- appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive and motor dimensions of learning;
- the use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
- a sound organization;
- active supervision; and
- the use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time and with the right frequency.
- use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.
All NCCP Coaches Week courses are reduced to $10 per course as part of the National Coaches Week initiative and are dispersed back into the community via coaching grants. Coaches who complete NCCP training during Coaches Week are eligible to apply for a grants to be awarded early 2018
NCCP Teaching & Learning - Facilitated by Bryan Baxter
LOCATION: Vancouver Island University, Nanaimo Campus, Building 356, Room 111 (Paid parking in front of building)