There is no doubt that nutrition plays a vital role in optimizing athletic performance and training quality. Nutrition interacts with all aspects of the athletes training therefore a well fueled athlete will be better positioned to achieve full genetic potential.
Quality nutrition will:
- help maximize exercise performance (i.e. improve mean power output), by providing the fluids, nutrients and fuels required during high intensity training
- decrease recovery time from strenuous physical activity
- prevent injury during exercise as a result of fatigue and speed recovery if injured
- decrease risk of illness as a result of high intensity training and competition
- enhance concentration, skill and precision
- facilitate healthy body composition
- help maintain overall good physical health
Nutrition is a critical component of an athletes overall sport science program and therefore overall success. In fact poor nutrition has the potential to turn an elite athlete into an average one. How well are you fueling?
For More information on Nutrition:
Visit Canadian Sport Institute Pacific's Nutrition page or
Visit Dietician, Patricia Chuey's Web Site www.patriciacheuy.com
Upcoming PacificSport Vancouver Island Nutrition Seminars
Athlete Nutrition II - Nutrition for Competition with Patricia Chuey
Food is your fuel! Successful athletes know how to optimize their food habits and know what's best to put in their tank. Patricia will hrlp guide you to perform at your best with some beneficial nutrition information, specifically for the performing athlete.
Patricia will talk about optimal game and race foods; it will be an information-packed hour of what and when to eat, pre-competition, post-competition and during the race/game. Have you ever wondered about how to effectively use those gels, bars and drink mixes? Get some answers that you've been looking for.
Food and Beverages provided by Thrifty Foods.
| March 31, 2014
4:30 - 5:30pm
| Vancouver Island University - Nanaimo Campus
Building & Room TDB
PacificSport Carded Athletes/Coaches and IGNITE Athletes: No Fee
Other Participants: $10.00
About Patricia Chuey
A few highlights from a very diverse portfolio include:
- Serving as Senior Nutrition Consultant to SportMedBC adn advising athletes and coaches from little league to professional. Previously, nutritionist for the Vancouver Grizzlies NBA team and the Vancouver White Caps Soccer Club.
- Providing expert commetn to Postmedia, The Glove and Mail, Global TV, CBC National News, CTV, Chatelaine, Canadian Living, the Vancouver Sun, The Province, CFAX radio and other key media.
- Developing hundreds of oritinal recipes using fresh and healthy ingredients.
- Creating effective food and nutrition Public Relations campaigns.
- Speaking to over 2500 corportate, sport and community groups - including many professional conferences.
- Writing and publishing 6 books including: The 101 Most Asked Nutrition Questions and The 80-20 Cookbook: Eating for Energy Without Deprivation (gluten-free version) and contributing to several others
For more information please contact Jenelle Cassidy, Athlete and Coach Services Coordinator
ph: 250.740.6572 | email email@example.com
Official Nutrition Partners: