Elevate Speaker Series 2022
PacificSport Vancouver Island's Elevate Symposium returns for2022. Join us online as we host our Athlete and Coach Speaker Series!
Episode One: Periodized Nutrition for High Performance Athletes
About the Session:
The Periodized Nutrition for High Performance Athletes Session will explore:
What is Periodization?
- Definitions within the literature
- How nutrition periodization fits in with training/competition periodization
Framework for determining nutrition periodization
- Performance determinants of soccer
- Individual gaps of athletes
- Training/competition cycles throughout the year(s)
Periodized training and recovery
- Macro level (months to years)
- Examples of nutrition interventions at the macro level
- Meso level (weeks to months)
- Examples of nutrition interventions at the meso level
- Micro level (days, within day)
- Examples of nutrition interventions at the micro level
Limitations and considerations with periodization
About the Facilitator:
Alison Ellis is a Registered Dietitian, Mental Performance Consultant and holds a Master's of Science in Kinesiology. She is incredibly passionate about all things sport and previously competed on the UVic Vikes golf team and continued to compete on mini-tours down in the states after graduation.
Ali now combines her passion areas of sport nutrition and mental performance to help empower athletes to create changes that contribute to their sport performance and overall enjoyment as an athlete.
You will receive the Zoom meeting link and password upon completing your registration! We look forward to connecting with you online.